Saturday, February 14, 2004

Resistance is futile :-D

Today's favorite text greetings
the dark lord: It is a day for all our loves and not just our lovers. Happy Valentine's Day.
the amazing gemini: Some day we will able to love on our own terms :-) :-) Happy valentine's day!

Poems read at the dreaded poets society's Feb 13 open mic:


Cake

i wanted one life
you wanted another
we couldn't have our cake
so we ate eachother.

-roger mcgough


two cures for love

1. Don't see him. Don't phone or write a letter.
2. The easy way: get to know him better.

-Wendy Cope


The minute I heard my first love story

The minute I heard my first love story
I started looking for you not knowing
how blind that was.

Lovers don't finally meet somewhere.
They're in each other all along.

Rumi, translated by Coleman Barks with John Moyne

All from A Survival Kit for Modern Life, 101 Poems edited by Daisy Goodwin

No comments: