Monday, May 03, 2004

At the beginning

I can't help it. I've always always always LOVED this song :D (a bit like Let Your Love Flow that I also love especially the Sister Hazel version). Found it again today because my Windows Media Player always does that to me, surprise me with songs I've always had but don't pick all the time. Maybe because I think people might think it a cheesy choice. Maybe because the reverse psych side of me sometimes avoids things that are "good" for me or are "substantial" (hehe!)? Maybe because a long long time ago, I shared it with an ex-lover and don't want to be brought back to those songs and that time (wala lang).

Notwithstanding all that, here goes. For everyone who means a lot to me and whom I want to be standing with at the end of the world, at the beginning :D.

We were strangers
Starting out on a journey
Never dreaming what we'd have to go through
Now here we are
And I'm suddenly standing
At the beginning with you

No one told me I was going to find you
Unexpected, what you did to my heart
When I lost hope
You were there to remind me
This is the start

Life is a road, and I want to keep going
Love is a river I want to keep flowing
Life is a road, now and forever
Wonderful journey

I'll be there when the world stops turning
I'll be there when the storm is through
At the end I want to be standing at the beginning
With you

We were strangers
On a crazy adventure
Never dreaming how are dreams could come true
Now here we stand
Unafraid of the future
At the beginning with you

Richard Marx And Donna Lewis
At The Beginning

No comments: