Tuesday, June 08, 2004

Long locks

(to the tune of Francis M: Cold Summer Nights, round and round it goes, but isn’t that Spandau Ballet?)

I have long hair. It’s official. And I am the official saying so (hehe!). It goes past my very short neck (hehe) and bobs about somewhere on my shoulders.

I keep noticing it because with the onset of the monsoon season, I no longer feel the need for the refreshing ponytail (oh but I love ponytails too!). Especially because when I rush out of the house in the morning, my hair is still some kind of damp. And after lunch, especially when there’s a typhoon, it’s still damp. Caramba!

Feminist that I am (oh yes :D ), I have always been open to suggestions made by male SO’s about my hair. I don’t own it as much as I own my shoes so I kinda go ahead and try what they are fantasizing about (ehehe). A few years ago, I had it cut barber-short. I liked it too. In fact, it suits me better than long.

But now’s the time to grow it long. I like the feel of it when am in spaghetti’s. Or spaghettini’s. I wish I could say, I have long hair, in the sense of “girl, ang haba ng hair mo, abot hanggang floooor.” (expression used to mean a girl is getting attention that she wanted, or that she likes?). But, that is not yet true. One of these days, though, it shall happen ;-), you betcha.

Am an optimist, and I admit it ;-)! It hurts less and feels better. I highly recommend it :-D.

But in the meantime, am shampooing and brushing, and “it follows(sumusunod sa galaw mo, sumusunod ;-))!

P.S. Sorry roomie but your energizing shampoo doesn’t do it for me :D. Still, I believe you, for you. Happy birthday tomorrow!

No comments: