Sunday, June 20, 2004

Short Notes from Last Sunday

Psychic-ese, part 2
(Part 1 has yet to be written because life has to be lived :D)

Some sisters and I (not nuns :-D) were talking about psychics and readings, and how the best psychic is the one who is grounded in the person’s reality/ persona/ energy, and the best readings are often those that are interactive because the psychic is able to fine-tune and adjust their “radars”/ third-eye/ images to you. (Skeptics will recommend that you give no clues to test if the psychics can really read but this is often counter-productive. Hehe! A bit like karma, you get what you put out!)

a prelude to a friend’s post on why she interrupts
I thought about this after having a conversation with a dear friend, wherein I was verbalizing my 25 cents worth (oh, and they’re often worth quite more than that, hehe) on some of her very personal issues. And I thought how helpful it is when she jumps right in and says a quick reaction or two to whatever it is that I am saying whenever we are having one of these conversations. Because then I need not cover half of the universe of possibilities, formulate an entire theory, or gallop away on my high horse. Instead, we are grounded, real, non-judgmental and supportive, and are able to more quickly offer our fine-tuned kindness and support, and our different perspectives.

For quite often we need our friends to see the forest when we only see the trees or to see the trees when we are mesmerized by the forest. Or when we think hurt, and forget to think love. Or think love, without thinking anger.

Shoe stories
Now you know that I am not really so very deep :-P after all

I just love it when after trying so hard to wear a pair of shoes, and not succeeding for one reason or the other – just not my mood this year, too bright, too dull, too whatever – I come back to it after a year or so (it could take years, believe me), and suddenly that old half-forgotten pair of shoes is my new best friend.

This has happened to my brown sneakers that I bought in Amsterdam in 1998, that was my best friend last year. This last week or so, it’s the red pair. :-P

Break even
Have a cold. So went to the grocery store for emergency supplies: tissues, box of premium orange juice, calamansi, oatmeal, nonfat milk, vitamin C and iron supplements (for my memory hehe), wheat bread.

And a chocolate bar. Hehe. Chocolate for comfort and calamansi for nutrition. Perfect combination, affirmed the Priestess.

Right. Am not supposed to drink coffee as this sucks out the body’s Vitamin C that I sorely need right now. But I can’t stand not drinking coffee. So I figured, with all my vitamin C replenishments, and the coffee, I’d just about break even. What? I won’t get well? :-P

Single, hard-headed and partially up to no good.

No comments: