Monday, April 04, 2005

not my song

Sad To Belong
( England Dan and John Ford Coley )

I met you on a springtime day,
You were minding your life and I was minding mine too.
Lady, when you looked my way,
I had a strange sensation and Darling, that's when I knew...

That it's sad to belong to someone else,
When the right one comes along.
Yes, it's sad to belong to someone else,
When the right one comes along.

Oh, I wake up in the night,
And I reach beside me hoping you would be there.
But instead I find someone,
Who believed in me when I said I'd always care...



So sue me. I just feel sad that's all, and this seemed, sadly, appropriately sad. Even if it's really not my song. Hehehe. Feelings are strange like that.

I have just arrived back home after wending my way down mountains. Maybe that's reason enough to be sad, if sadness needs to have a reason.

Maybe I am happy enough to allow myself to be sad :).

Before I wound my way down the mountain, in a darkened bus, staring at the lights splattered on the hillsides (on the mountains there can be hills :D), with my seatmate crying into her hanky, I prayed a thank you for when life sends you people who see you, dimunitive dot that you are (dimunitive dot to dimunitive dot? :D not always. "dimunitive dot" sounds so "slight pang"), who will love you, and who will try not to hurt you. i think the trying part makes all the difference, even if they won't always succeed.

nor will you.

No comments: