Friday, July 29, 2005

vexations

i just got talked down by this bank teller. i was so surprised, i just got red in the face, muttered "suplada" and flounced off. i want to clobber myself now for having missed the chance to tell her not to treat people like they are *really dumb*. it shouldn't matter that i probably looked harassed with gulo-gulo hair and was just wearing a tee shirt.

aaaaargh. i think part of the problem is that the teller assumed "iniisahan ko siya" when i wasn't aware of the rule she was pointing out. i was just in a rush, that's all, and in a hurry to get out and go back to my paper.

i think this happens to a lot of people, including me. we assume "iniisahan tayo" and try to get back. ... but patronizing people are a pet peeve of mine.

so anyway, back at the house, the water gallon has again fallen off the counter, and the kitchen is in centimeter-deep water. what fun.

let me have more of this strawberry yogurt ice cream. ... ?!?! did any of you notice a pint of ice cream now costs over a hundred bucks?????

at the rate am going, i won't be surprised if my cellphone is cut off today. i don't have time to pay today. so let that be an advance warning. call me if you need me :D

No comments: