Saturday, September 03, 2005

Hitting the Brass Notes

Followed the traveling shades and its various pet persons to Monk’s inside Wasabi for a full-on Brass Monkeys set (in suits). Yes, sometimes we venture out of our QC hideaway, in high heels and all, on a busy rainy Friday night, and part with our very limited monies, for a good cause! (In this case, the traveling shades that soon will be traveling again.)

Groovy, the band opened with the heartwarmers:

Somewhere beyond the sea
Somewhere waitin' for me
My lover stands on golden sand
And watches the ships that go sailin'...that go sailin'....



Fly me to the moon
Let me sing among those stars
Let me see what spring is like
On jupiter and mars
In other words, hold my hand.


Sure, yes we’ll hold your hand! Even thru the all-religious:

Oh, when the saints go marching in,
Oh, when the saints go marching in
Lord how I want to be in that number
When the saints go marching in



Or that dang catchy colonial:

He wanna be Americano
Americano, Americano
He wants to drive a Cadillac
Now he's chasing showgirls
Smokin' Camels,whiskey and soda
Now he's never goin' back


At breaktime, this Japanese guy on his way out the door takes a look at my dinner and went: aaaah, donburi. Gave him a full smile, then he goes and gestures that it will make my tummy big. Waaaaaah.

Getting back to the romance, friend of friends jammed with:

Yes you're lovely, with your smile so warm
And your cheeks so soft,
There is nothing for me but to love you,
And the way you look tonight.


Ending the song on his knees, with a small opened box with a ring. Yes he proposed at Monk's :D. Congrats you two.

And and and that woman we refused to give up a chair for (sorry!) went up the stage and in her throaty voice, went:

I don't remember what day it was
I didn't notice what time it was
All I know is that I fell in love with you
And if all my dreams come true
I'll be spending time with you

Every day's a new day in love with you
With each day comes a new way of loving you
Every time I kiss your lips my mind starts to wander
And if all my dreams come true
I'll be spending time with you



Had us all on our feet, singing along with her:

I love you more today than yesterday
But not as much as tomorrow
I love you more today than yesterday
But, darling, not as much as tomorrow



Goodie! Love that song! Loved that ever since we all sat around the conference table to watch Ally McBeal.

Had another song from her that went:

You must take the A train
To go to Sugar Hill way up in Harlem
If you miss the A train
You'll find you missed the quickest way to Harlem


Oh honey, you don’t know, but yes, we are on the A train.

Sat the next one out and observed the boob-shaking brass monkeys:

Exit, light
Enter, Night
Take my hand
we're off to never-never land


Yes, that’s what you see when your friends are all dancing and you’re sitting right in front of them. Hehehe.

Band said they were singing a Pinoy song dedicated to this cute couple. Wooohooo, we cheered and prepared to dance to another catchy tune… trapped.

O kay gulo o kay gulo
Naiinis na nga ako
Sa dinami dami ba naman ng babae sa buong mundo
Sabihin mo na pare
Si aida o si lorna o si fe?


Uh-oh. Major trouble. We could get thrown out of the coven for this (Dark Lord: did you know that adultery is also violence against women?)

Chester rewrote the lyrics:

Si Aida o si lorna o si fe
…scratch that… iisa lang talaga ang mahal ko!

WOOHOOO. Now we will starve for a week :D.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

o kay gulo, o kay gulo!!!! waaaahhhhh
I love you friends!!!!

Anonymous said...

;))
wonderful beautiful night :-)