Monday, September 05, 2005

spooked

sometimes, it's only really possible to mourn how bad things were when things are so much better.

because when things are blue, you try to gather your inner resources and look straight ahead to when things have to eventually get better. and you can't allow yourself the space to go to pieces.

and sometimes, when you're at a good pitstop, you smile and shrug and shred the tissues, helpless in hope, that really, the sun will continue to shine as brightly and as warmly as it lately has.

especially when you realize, that yes, you have always always always known what it was that you've wanted all along, anyway. to you it's always been pretty clear.

and you continue to hold out for it, for just what it is that you've always wanted.

knowing that what's meant to be will happen, and the only thing that you've got to do after all, anyhow, and anywho and at any time, is be who you are.

and when you've done what you can, laid bare your good intentions, learned from your mistakes, you now know enough to let things be.

Sunday morning rain is falling
Steal some covers share some skin
Clouds are shrouding us in moments unforgettable
You twist to fit the mold that I am in
But things just get so crazy living life gets hard to do
And I would gladly hit the road get up and go if I knew
That someday it would lead me back to you
That someday it would lead me back to you

That may be all I need
In darkness she is all I see
Come and rest your bones with me
Driving slow on Sunday morning
And I never want to leave

By Maroon Five

No comments: