Sunday, October 09, 2005

isn't she lovely

Introduction

We learn new things every day. Like keeping company with the very wonderful Stevie, I've just realized that Isn't She Lovely is about a baby! Hehehe! ... I can see the Priestess rolling her eyes! But Priestess, how was I to know the entertaining Perfect Match was actually from Nick Hornby's Fever Pitch?! But as I said, we learn new things daily :D

Isn’t she lovely
Isn’t she wonderful
Isn’t she precious
Less than one minute old
I never thought through love we’d be
Making one as lovely as she
But isn’t she lovely made from love?


*******

But Anyway

My ugly self has reared its head once more. So better stay away till I get it sedated, or it's spent, or lulled by the smell of money, or flushed in the toilet, or melted away by my love and amusement. Or drowned in milk chocolate.

It's the usual. Everyone has a shadow. And I have finally finally realized that when I start to get that feeling, yes, that feeling when-I-ask-now, I-mean-now or-else-I-will-explode and-now, and that why-do-I-feel-like-I'm-that-fixture-in-your-life-again-that-you-take for-granted, make-some-effort-and-now!, I must keep it to myself. Hahaha. While it's in combustible form anyway.


********
Gifted with that rare experience, a smooth and worry free taxi ride in the dark of night, I flattered myself wondering if my love holds you up, too, like a beam of light picks out, and holds, an actor on a stage. Love like light, both wave and particle (now you know tita e, why I asked you about Einstein). Love like a sunbeam, love like a spotlight that warms you. Without you knowing or needing that or not.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't She Lovely was written for Stevie Wonder's baby when she was born.

Take note of the line "Life is Ayeesha...." Now, she's a singer herself. ;-)

i just couldn't help it, vivi :-D

:) said...

LOL. comment away :D in my head you "own" the rolling eyes emoticon. except that maykel actually elicits it more than i do. wahahaha ;))