Thursday, March 30, 2006

our 'i''s

the enneagram outlines people's ways of relating with the world. my way is to be contained within myself (this is who i am), and perhaps, to do things better than others (hahaha).

what i wanted to say was my way is not to entertain you, or to make you happy.

but what i really wanted to say was that no one's way is better than anyone else's. it's just that we are all different, and life would be boring without all kinds to populate the Milky Way (hello there angels and alien friends ;) ).

your only obligation to the world is to be the best you ;) balanced you.

i am writing this remembering people i am sometimes uncomfortable with because they seem to have an unsaid expectation of me to be more than i am. rather to be larger than my life. to be entertaining and alive. hehehe! i guess all that means is that they don't really know me yet because i may be sedate by all appearances, but certainly i occasionally seethe with passion. hahahaha!

i am also writing this remembering chester and myself just the other day. she needed to talk and vent (she as herself) while i needed to study and relax (me as myself). so i listened. then after some time, i realized she was being herself, and would be herself. i owed it to myself to be myself too, or else it would not be fair. so having listened, i then gently steered us into the street, and into the cab ;)). after all, only i can stick up for what i know i need. chester was only sticking up for what she knew she needed. and love makes it all alright ;))

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

chester, if i didn't know any better, i would definitely assert that we have a perfect understanding of the ways of the world and personal relations. yet, we are ever growing. and so i just venture to say that we can always rely on our common understanding of the ways of the world and personal relations to know that situations are alrgiht and to make them alright, if they aren't. :) that, and of course, love.

and being oneself and clarifying oneself certainly reinforces and fortifies mutual respect and love. since i do tend to get carried away by my moods and emotions (just being myself :)), having someone who is herself gives me so much confidence and joy. How nice that I can be me, without being constantly worried how I affect the other. How wonderful that in case I overstep boundaries, there is someone who can point things out, able to passionately (not necessarily loudly :) and emphatically, like i do)engage in the conversation without feeling hurt, and offended. Usap lang naman, conversartion, dialogue, interaction, sharing, exchange.

Hay, sa totoo lang talga, relief na malaki pag kilala na ako ng tao at mahal ako nito. at gaya ng nasabi ko na rin dati chester, pinakacomportable ako around you guys. I feel we have attained a very high level of common understandings and we have similar ways of thinking (but perhaps different ways of doing and expressing :) kaya konti na lang ang mga kailangang ipaliwanag, kung meron man. Di po ba? Mabilis na lang natin ma-gets ang ibig sabihin ng isa't isa. :)

hahay. happy ako kaibigan kita.

rudie