Friday, December 29, 2006

having fun with the sibs

do you know? no one reads me anymore ;))). i need new friends! hehehe.

i actually enjoyed my Christmas break :) (i didn't expect to, but that's just me being a sourpuss hehe). i enjoyed being photog at the Towers family reunion, it gave me something fun to do, at a series of events that are most fun for the kids, i think. as older single adults, i always feel a lil bit misplaced at Towers reunions simply because of the numbers. my brother and i are very out-numbered by the attached and the rearing. that's not a bad thing either, but what happens when you're with people who think they mean well, and probably do somehow mean well, and also do not know you very deeply, is that they focus on your status and your size/ shape. that convoluted sentence meaning that they will think what is primary about me is why the heck am i still single, and why the heck do i look like the way i do,... fat! me being me, i do not actually bleed because am not partnered or because i look like a pear. i know i could look better, be healthier; also know that i would like to be partnered, but still. i am actually happy. hehehe. and what i am offended about is not their seeing that i am a single pear, but judging me for it. like, something is wrong with me bcause i am one. as if, twin bananas made a fruit salad. the thing is, i happen to be a single smart funny loving grouchy angry sweet sourpuss pear. and besides, i like many fruits. so there. but tell that to the ignorant. (as you can see, i lapse into pseudo-superiority in self-defense. but rest assured, in my heart of hearts i know that they are simply human, like me, and beyond the judgments, they are also affectionate and loving. oh well.)

but as i was saying, a fine time was actually had by all (of me, teehee). i ate lechon five meals in a row. now that sounds simply horrible but i only actually get to have lechon at Christmas. it was soooo yummmy. wehehehehe. then, daddy drove us to my grandma's in most roundabout fashion, including a trip to the gorgeous waterfalls pictured below. said waterfalls involved 430 steps going up and down. that's 860 steps in all. oh my aching calves, my cold-sweaty body. i almost passed out at the last two sets of stairs coming back up. it was horrible. but the falls was simply gorgeous :D. then we went to his alma mater (also pictured below), and through the extremely locked glass doors, took a photo of his name framed at the hall of fame. also tried to find the spot where i lived as a baby, and my ninong had to place a frying pan over my head to protect me from whizzing bullets brought about by warring tribes.

at my lola's (and aunt's and cousins), had fun eating, chatting, running errands, driving around. missed them, after!

plus being with the sibs is really fun!

i am now sleepy and stopping writing. hehehe.

1 comment:

chitterch** said...

Happy new year!

Haha. Don't you hate it when you open your comments page, expecting a nice counterpoint to your post, and discover some blithe spirit leaving some trite blessing?

So now I expect one from you. ;0