Saturday, June 02, 2007

this is how my lola loves me

i didn't get to sleep over at my lola's/aunt's because i was at the 7th young men's camp, but i spent most of one day there shortly before we left for cebu, hanging out with my ever-loving lola, and being badgered to eat at the "proper time". (unfortunately, there's no such thing as a proper time when you've only slept an hour in the night, for being scared by ghost stories and having the light switch turn off suddenly while perched on a high hill! us "ghosters" snuggled 11 in all in a cottage meant for four. hehe.)

lola held out the jar of petroleum jelly and said that it's mighty good for bites and burns. and i, victim of a stone-massage burn at Sanctuario Spa in Malate, said, "oh pity i didn't know that. my burn has finally healed after two months."

so my ever-reasonable lola said in cebuano, "let's burn you then. with a match stick." wahahahaha. the better to try petroleum jelly efficacy. :P

* * *

so i learned that my lola gave birth to her first child when she was 20 (sister's age) and her last child when she was 37. so there's still some time if i get brave enough. but i wonder how, with these following words of wisdom about childbirth?

lola: oh, if there was no God, you would really die!

WAAAAAAAAAH. Apparently an activity requiring Divine participation.



No comments: