Thursday, June 05, 2008

you want to go out sometime? :P

imagine my chagrin when i suddenly realized that i had failed to cover the topic of "panliligaw" in the last gender-sensitivity training for young women (among many other things i failed to cover :P but this one finding glared at me from the post-training diagnostic sheets).

well, you know, that women can, if they want to. or more to the point, as my mentor sis explained, females need not sit cooling their heels for males to make the first move. it would be perfectly all right for women to express their feelings to men, on their own initiative/ volition. doing so does not take away from their worth as persons (the usual putdown: "cheap"), even adding to it as they are able to be confidently themselves.

i was so distressed by my omission that my sister documentor took it upon herself (also after my desperate suggestion, but actually doing so to my great amusement)to stage-whisper to each of our workshop participants, "puwede ka manligaw!" as each one came up on stage to receive our congratulatory kisses and a diploma for completing the 3-day training.

however, notwithstanding my strong convictions on this matter, i am actually a card-carrying member of the skittish clan of lurkers-secret-stalkers-and-across-the-room-gazers. i stack my hopes and romantic desires in my heart and stare longingly across the room/the road/ the seas/ the continents/the world, hoping against hope. i was born silly, that way!

i quake in my wedges thinking of coming in from the cold. you know when you're in crush with someone you don't know and who doesn't know you? how do you parachute yourself into someone's life and come up charming? the princess charming come to get to know the knight in no distress?

wala lang. just imagining myself asking someone for coffee and dying. i kid you not.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ha ha ah ha.. and reading your post brought me to "nair" days... and boy was I "basted"