Friday, October 17, 2003

Oh my goodness, it's Friday!

GRIN GRIN GRIN. My vacation leave for a week in November has been approved!!! Yes!!!!! I can drink shakes and be merry!!! :-D ... Also, finally got the FDC chapters' much needed long delayed fund requests underway.

I was telling DeeDee earlier how everything in FDC is needing a gender perspective this week! Am doing two briefers with an officemate on women and water, and on women and privatization, then will do one with another officemate on women's perspectives on the 2004 Philippine budget, and then there's a "seminar" on monitoring and evaluation that's also needing gender indicators. hehe. two-three years ago, all of this together would have sent me into a panic --- straight into bed with my head under the pillow!!! but now they are all interesting!!! they make me happy :-D ... am just glad my deadline for my research proposal on women organizing and reproductive health and sexuality got moved a bit. ... guess it's never too late to grow up!

Just came from an hour-long noise barrage in front of city hall, one of a series of protest activities against the Bush visit to the Philippines tomorrow. A sample placard said: Red carpet para kay Bush! Basahan para sa mamamayan! (referring to the Philippine government's red carpet treatment for Bush and it's poor services for the people, described here as being like a rag). Hope we get on tv!!!

Time to freshen up. Must meet my classmates in my research class. We're needing a bit of a powwow.

And my roomie's and my MyMix song of the day goes: Swing swing from the tangles of my heart is crushed by a former love!

No comments: