Sunday, January 11, 2004

Love Letter 2

Dear Tita Sandra (huh?!)...Tita Gwyneth?! (no!)...Tita ...

Oh, how I cried. Up on the 21st floor of the New World Hotel with a great view of San Lorenzo Vill home to a hundred or so multi-billionaires in the poverty-laden country that is the Philippines, snug in bed, peeking at my phone email, I cried for the sweet friendship that we had and still have and with continuing technological advances, will probably always have (hehe), I cried for the rite of passage that you have had, I cried because we have missed each other, I cried because we should have been there (hehe and think what a great pair of shoes I could have worn to the occasion), I cried because it's really ok too that we weren't because if you're happy, we're happy (and I have far too many pairs of shoes than there are special occasions in a year), and I cried because after all, I am still going to get to roll around in the fine white sands of Boracay (you neglected to confirm your treat :-P LOL). And also, I cried because I could never hope to match your letter in Filipino.

I love you and am happy for you.

P.S. Sometimes I wonder if I should be glad my birthday is on January 8 or not. More momentous events seem to happen to other people on this day than to me :-P

No comments: