Sunday, May 09, 2004

I was a pansy.

From an article in the Seattle Times entitled Suitably Sultry "...reveals what Georgia O'Keefe's paintings glorified — that flowers are a plant's reproductive parts. The discreetly ruffled petals of pansies or roses lull the nonbotanists among us into forgetting the sexual potency of flowers."

I had a past life reading last Friday, and according to the reader, I was a pansy. Which struck an immediate chord because a viola is a type of pansy. (A viola is also a type of violin, and a lead character in a play by Shakespeare.)

I was asked by the reader how I felt as a pansy. I answered solitary, prominent, etc. And she asked, "Isn't a pansy bursting with sexuality?" And a pansy is a flower near the ground. A grounded flower bursting with sexuality. A CAPRICORN. :-P

Here are some pictures of pansies, and a viola too, to entertain you while I write up the transcript of my reading.

Bless.



a painting by Georgia O'Keefe (black pansy)


a painting by Dorothy Pyle


VIOLAs!!!!!

P.S. the yellow pansy up on this page is by Annie LaPoint