Tuesday, August 24, 2004

askew but spinning

Something’s not quite right in my universe. It’s like when your Nokia cellphone batteries are old, and the indicator says it’s full but at the last minute, ooops, dead batt.

The Elusive Back Massage
Have been feeling the stress on my back in the last few days and dreamed of getting the ache kneaded away at the neighborhood salon, the only salon left around here that still does a full back, head and arm massage for a hot oil treatment.

Last night, no go. Had to wait for the boss to emerge from a meeting lasting well after dinner so I could discuss some matters with her. It’s also called the art of boss-ambush, now and then needing the sacrifice of a chance for a back massage. The non-ambush option meant more headaches later, so might as well.

Ahh, tonight. Another golden chance. Only to find out a few minutes before leaving for the salon that my boss went there to get a haircut herself. Quick! Cancel cancel! If life that moment were a browser I was hitting the back button repeatedly!

Don’t get me wrong. There’s nothing wrong with meeting the boss at the salon. :D In fact, it could be fun. But there are good days for such, and better days for such, and tonight was not the better day, in my humble opinion :D


Detour to the mall
Another salon.
Receptionist: Name please
Pansy: V______
Receptionist: With a B for Baboy or V for Victory?
Pansy: (Huh???! but recovers after a second) Victory.


Victory not

On with the hot oil.

Attentive Assistant: (asks several friendly questions to set up some chemistry between us)
Attentive Assistant: Oooh, are you pregnant?? (obviously noticing my belly bilbil buy-on puson tiyanich :-P)
Pansy: Err, no (smiles)
Attentive Heedless Assistant, still persisting in the warm niceties: Oooh, you just gave birth?
Pansy: (So sorry to disappoint this continuing to be heedless assistant) Err, no (smiles)

Sigh. Hahahaha. What to do. (laughing YM emoticon right here).

And I still didn’t get a back massage. :-( Just a head one.


Hihihihi. ... Ok, time to pack. I pack from 11 pm to 2 am daily. I have almost completely moved. My books – done. My butt – soon. My belly -- ditto.

No comments: