Thursday, October 07, 2004

Furniture Issues

My favorite problematique* these days (from a long list, I have to tell you) is where and how should I place my writing desk.

Yes, I want a writing desk. Perhaps, this one. Maybe it will be my Christmas gift to myself.



Yes, I want it in the bedroom for those quiet moments with myself. Yes I want it in the office/ study room because that’s where it belongs, conceptually, so the bedroom is a place for rest and for tackling fashion issues (hehe). Yes I want it in the attic because it’s the quietest part so far (but hot). Yes I want it in the living room, which is right now the comfiest place. Yes, I want it in the kitchen coz it’s alive.

Yes, I want it.

In the bedroom, I want it by the window so I can look down on the street (but I’ll have my back to the door …oh poop). Yes I want it by the other window (but it’s near the aircon and I dislike being too close to the aircon.). Do I want to be facing a wall? Eurgh.

Yes to x where x marks the spot but x is still the unknown variable. Hehe.

Yes, a desk needs a chair. Hmmmm (more surfing needed).


Let me ask you this?

A question I think underrated, ignored. Begging to be addressed.

Where does one place one’s bags/ stuff when one enters the house (first) and when one enters the bedroom (last)? There has to be somewhere. It can’t be on the floor (or someone will get mad ;-) ) or the chair (not when there are limited chairs) or the dining table (not when one loves to eat hehe!) or the sofa (for it will surely get displaced) or even the bed!

How petty?! How surreal but real! One needs a place for stuff, a place to call its own just before it leaves and when it arrives.

If even the toothbrush has a home.



*"favorite problematique" indicates enjoyment and pleasure from perusal and reflection even with the furrowed brow :-P

No comments: