Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Midnight Meditations

Ahh, the sweet sound of message alert. Beep once = instant happiness. Hehe.

********************************************

Roaming thru the house on an editing break
Closing doors against the cold, turning off
Normal lights turning on energy savers:

I stand before the kitchen admiring
The closed door making the room cozy
Reminding me of my mother’s clean
English kitchen solace against inescapably
Cooler temperatures alien to my tropical skin.

In the softer white light, this room accented soft pink and baby blue.

Peeking thru the pocket garden, I stare up at my
Second floor window, brightly lit.
That is where I work.

In the semi-dark I sit on the sofa marveling
At the cold that pushes in thru half-opened windows.
This - this weather, neatness, this feeling of home –
is the best time yet.

No comments: