Monday, June 06, 2005

on a rainy evening

There are times when I like being needed. Times too when I wish some people didn’t need me in the exact time and way they needed me. But I guess, in the balance sheet of life, I would rather be someone people need (every now and then? :) and not in a continuous stream? except by babies, maybe?). As if life worked like a balance sheet. But love also means going out of our way for those in need.

(And I thank all of you who have gone out of your way for a me in need, even when it was so clearly a bother :D or against your will, or against the normal nature of your personality hehehe.)

Sometimes I am lonely, and think that people, sometimes, get lonely (if not most of the time.) They want someone to talk to. When I am lonely, I resolve to be the someone that people can talk to when they are lonely :). (Hey you, you can talk to me when you are lonely.)

It’s taken me all week to find my stillness :). And still, I can’t sit with it for too long a spell. I seek/ sought company. I found some company.

Nor did I really escape it. Other things got in the way. Like the urgency of having my aches and pains kneaded out. Like going with an old movie-mate to the current movie craze (so-so), or choosing top colors with roommate, or enjoying a drink or two with work friends, that which we could not do for the longest time, so busy were we!

Other things that you stand still for: a regular guaranteed fun date with a gf at a cute movie (A Lot Like Love is good! ;), dinner with those people who understand what makes your heart beat, and wish you all that in spades.

And then love. Love sits across me in an easy chair, looking at me amusedly, affectionately. I know, love, that lately, I have learned quite a lot. :)

No comments: