Saturday, June 25, 2005

synchronicity saturday

i have a lot to say, i have nothing to say. both me. :D

***

let's try the first option:

i went to school to get my i.d. it's not my prettiest :D but it'll do.

i went to the library to check out books on synchronicity, among other things (have a class report on synchronicity). got hold of one by carl jung, and synchronicity: the inner path to leadership by joseph jaworski. i sat down and flipped thru the second one to see if it was worth borrowing. and i didn't get up for two hours. i was hooked!

it reads like an autobio but is really not just an autobio. (the best way to illustrate/ explain your points is really to tell the story of your life, i think. it's from the heart that way.)

anyway, this guy who was like your typical driven successful busy person, was sat down by his wife one day. she said she had met somebody else and was leaving him. needless to say, he was surprised and devastated. he hadn't seen it coming. he was one of those persons who was always so focused on doing what he was doing to the exclusion of all else. so i guess one of the things that suffered as a result was his marriage.

the "tragic" thing that happened made him rethink and reflect on his life and his person, and his being. he started reading and writing and reflecting, and as a result became more open. he realized the more powerful way to live was not to control life, but to flow with it. to be "open" and "alert" and "conscious" so that things could happen.

for instance. he went on a six-week holiday to europe by himself. he learned a lot and all that, and he said that he didn't always want to be alone. and he noticed that the universe provided him with the company that he needed. when he went to dinner in a restaurant in cannes, a woman passed by his table. their eyes met and they smiled at each other.

after a few minutes, the woman, noticeably a bit chagrined by what she was doing but nevertheless determined to follow her instinct, came back and asked if she could have dinner with him, and she would pay for her share, etc. so he asked her to sit down with him, they talked and learned about each other and spent a day or two in each other's company.

and then... (pp. 48-49, section on the art of loving)

The day Bernadette was to fly to Paris, she came to my hotel room. It was a Sunday morning, and I was sitting on the veranda, soaking up the sun and watching a regatta out in the bay ... I was listening to beautiful music and was very content and happy, alone with my thoughts and memories, restful and peaceful. Bernadette came to my door. She said she had to see me one more time to tell me what the last few days had meant to her. She said I had deeply touched her life ... In ten minutes she was gone...

As I sat in my room, tears were running down my cheeks. It was not out of sadness that I wept, but because of the realization that I had had a profound effect on someone else's life. That was the first experience of its kind for me. And I knew why I had been able to help her -- it was because her well-being was a matter of my ultimate concern. I had given to Bernadette my interest, my understanding, my knowledge, and all that was alive in me. I had given my life to her for a few days and apparently had enriched her life, while at the same time, enhancing my own. ...

...the lesson that I learned from this encounter was life changing. ... when we are in this state of being where we are open to life and all its possibilities, willing to take the next step as it is presented to us, then we meet the most remarkable people who are important contributors to life. This occurs in part through the meeting of our eyes; it's as if our souls instantly connect, so that we become part of a life together at that moment. This is not at all about sexuality, not about maleness and femaleness. It's about human beings connecting. At once there is an instant trust and intimacy -- we belong with the other for a moment.


***

oooh, how beautiful. :) and this book is not at all about bernadette. and he was just starting. it's really about when people suddenly work together, as one, as if in a different state, things just gel. but am still reading it, so that's all you get, and you can go and find and buy the book if you want ;)

i guess synchronicity can happen when we all learn to be open, to be alert, to be in the now, and we recognize deep in our souls that we are all related, we are one, all parts of the same whole entire beautiful universe. ;)


***

george bush and you and i. gma and you and i. euuuuuurgh. hahahaha.

but you know what i mean, if you know what i mean :D

and besides, one of j. jaworski's main points was that leaders have to have self-knowledge, they must have an inner life, and a reflective journey. hehehe.

***

then i left the library and went to the bank, and had hot sour sinigang (yum) lunch with the synchronicity book. then i went to a bookstore so i could be standing up after lunch, then i walked a long way to claim something at the photocopiers (hehehe, it was another book, silly), then i went to another bank, then i dropped by the grocery store.

then here i am with the wind blowing my hair, typing away on piolo (hahaha instant laftaf name) on my lap, and copying this book, like i'm not supposed to.

:P that was just three paragraphs silly, free advertisement and recommendation.

oh, and it's raining. i got home just in time to grab my pink shirts from under the drizzling sky.

No comments: