Wednesday, July 27, 2005

forgiveness

Sometimes I look back and think about past kagulohan, and tsk tsk to myself, and get amazed at how I and others I'm with ever got past those kagulohan. Or sometimes when I think about how much I've changed in some ways, I think about how I was before this and I wonder if I could ever have gotten here if I hadn't been where I was.

And when I do that, I try my best to forgive my past self, the one who understood less, knew less, was more uncertain, had a lot of fears. I forgive my past self who was me at another time, and I forgive myself now for having been that self. I wouldn't be at my better place if I hadn't come from where I come from, if I hadn't been who I was.

I try to do myself this favor regularly. Not because I want to excuse my shortcomings but because I want to give myself credit for wanting to be a better person all the time.

And this takes place every day. :)

No comments: