Tuesday, November 08, 2005

immersed in the world of Carol Shields (to distract me from unbelievable ADB hypocrisies)

"Thank you for releasing me from your loins," my middle daughter, Christine, said to me today, October twelfth, which happens to be her seventeenth birthday.

Loins. Where had she got a word like loins? "It's from Tom Wolfe's novel," she explained. "It means uterus. Or else womb."

She was standing in the kitchen and eating a breakfast of leftover pizza and washing it down with a mug of apple juice.

"You're welcome," I said, and then, to keep the rhythm of our conversation going, I added, "It was a pleasure."

-- excerpt from UNLESS, by Carol Shields (a lovely book btw)


Happy Birthday today to my first and only daughter, and sister, (hehehe), DUNI TAMARI. Those born on the 8's are somewhat espeyshal :D.

1 comment:

:) said...

hahaha. amen to that, ka bertdey of matt damon, my other migo ;))