Wednesday, February 22, 2006

the old 45's

Here's another from my soul's secret playlist that goodness only knows contains what else!

Yesterday, meditating in the middle of an entrancing and hectic lecture, I realized I did, still, despite the wonderfulness of this moment and the numerous pitfalls involved in not-this, want that.

It's always interesting to be clarified :D

And so after getting a class of water from the refrigerator, I burst forth like I have no business singing:

Candles burning glasses are chilled and soon she'll be by hope and pray she'll say that she's willing to give us another try and if all those songs I made don't melt the lady's heart I'll put on the old 45's.

And maybe the old songs will bring back the old times maybe the old lines will sound new maybe she'll lay her head on my shoulders maybe old feelings will come true

Maybe she'll start to cry and wonder why we ever walked away maybe the old songs will bring back the old times and make her want to stay.


And yes, I typed that in by heart being another one of those from my adolescent cassette tapes!

No comments: