Monday, March 06, 2006

me moirs

so one day last week, i got up and left my groupmate, male.
a male male, one who's too noisy, and told me to keep my next week
free because he's taking a leave. hello, kiddo. i don't make
myself available for just anyone or on command because i do my
work anyway, when i can, regardless of your sked, but of course
we will meet but no, not keep my week free for you.

and so i left him to wait for the xerox, and walked off to the
other building for a bite before class, and there i met with
last sem's classmate, woman, and we had a fabulous time right then
and there on the benches having one of my favorite conversations
of all time (the one about the hard-knocks university vs the kind
university) and i love her because she's my decade. and there's worlds
of meaning in that.

(yes, sometimes, age gets to me at university because my classmates
are all so young and they can't imagine how wonderful it is too
at my age, and it sometimes makes me feel ancient and out of it
instead of being exactly where and who i am.) and next semester,
we will be classmates again, and we can't wait.

and just the other day, i realized i do have a role to play in
this universe because i really am entering psychology with a firm
grasp of feminism, and a feminist agenda. yes, agenda in the themes
and topics that i choose, and the research questions that i ask, and
because i realized, many others don't have and need that kind of
background (that gender is not some inane and neutral variable promise)

and one day too last week, the only Catholic priest in my life turned
to me and asked if i wanted to be a clinical psychologist, and i said,
yes! and he said ok, i must get as much experience as i can and get
many many kids to draw for me, because we were learning about
drawings.

and this afternoon i browsed thru the Philippine publications/ books
at the bookstore and remembered how I've always liked Philippine
contemporary literature and have followed thru the years what they
came out with and once interviewed for work this publishing firm that's
shaped the business

lastly, i really enjoyed our research defense day. i love hearing/
learning about other studies: what they are asking, how they plan to
answer their questions, and the panelists' comments. it was most
educational. ;))

No comments: