Saturday, May 13, 2006

Sex vs. Politics

This is where my problems revolve these days. I am forced to choose between Sex and Politics: It has gotten so that one of the great main pleasures of the hot part of May has been to settle in the middle of my huge queen bed (with its bright striped sheets, the one with comic memories), with the aircon on, and dim lights and settle down to slowly but surely work my way thru the entire set of Sex and the City DVDs, and/or the West Wing set borrowed from HB.

(I tell you, it is a delightful alternative to melting in the heat.)

But no, 12 episodes of SATC and 8 episodes of the West Wing, later, I come to a crossroad. SATC or West Wing? The UK or the US?

Fiolo's DVD drive screams stop to bilocality. It appears I have almost run out of choices as to the region of the world from which the DVD player can play original DVDs. You can only change the location setting a number of times and then forever be stuck with such region of the world! Ahhh, the travails of original DVDs! My SATC set is from the UK and West Wing was purchased in the US. See, see!?!? Why not buy pirated that can come from a person with no visible address, and be free of hassles? And I still have 11 DVDs to go thru sex-wise.

Still, speaking about the West Wing. Oh, it's so heartwarming, the antics of those fictional Democrats at the White House :D. What's heartwarming is the love and friendship between the brilliant men and women of the staff of US President Martin Sheen. Like Deputy Chief of Staff Josh going nuts because he's the only one among the staff given the card that tells him where to go (bunker or Air Force One) in the event of a nuclear attack. He can't take it. Or the US President assuring his speechwriter, the amazing bearded Toby, that he would be in the weeds without him, and thank God, he's his speechwriter ('twas a case of the speechwriter needing love and affirmation ... as we all do now and then, spirit-humans, as we all do :D).

I also love how they gimik together -- basketball, poker, dinner, and the US president cheats baldly and boldly on his irate staff :D It's most loving :D. Hahahaha.

Where politics leads me to love and friendship, I guess I am not too much at a disadvantage.

And besides, I can always watch SATC downstairs ... even if all the Aquarians are almost done with it ;)))

Trivia: Aquarians have this habit of gathering in front of the DVD player during my parties and watching all night long. Most strange of this airy creatures. But does that mean tv is more exciting than my parties?! Even when I myself provide the entertainment by inviting everyone over, and crying my eyes out in front of them? Mwehehehe. Life is so strange and nice.

No comments: