Thursday, July 06, 2006

101 dalmatians

you know when you wake up with just the right amount of sleep?
and you're very calm and still
and centered

and you do things very calmly
with a rested blank mind

it's so zen.

* * *

it's nice, too
after nearly losing it again in class, yesterday
when your classes give you opportunities to be still

you never know what will come up out of the blue
suddenly you're writing entire novels in your head

not fit for print :D

* * *

from Ala about her brother:

... and he knows when to leave me alone, but not in a passive aggressive way. This is a skill that takes most men a lifetime to master -- how to leave women alone. Take note, leaving a woman alone is not the same as walking out on her. The former is done in a spirit of acceptance, whereas the latter is usually done out of spite (read this, boyfriends).

* * *

Unavailable men.

There are those who are married (tee hee).
Those who don't have the space, but sometimes like hanging out at your place.
Or those who have no place to call home including themselves.
There are those who live on planet Pluto.

When I didn't get my degree in women and development,
I got my Phd in unavailable men.

* * *

You know someone once went into my kitchen and then brought me a glass of water.
I was so surprised, I almost fell off the sofa.

That's how bad it can get, your jaws fall off when someone is... well,

nice.

* * *

this is not an advertisement

eula: (emoticon kiss)
chester: (emoticon smile)
chester: wassup chocolate?
eula: oooh chocolate
eula: i have gotten to that point in my life when chocolate really is the next best thing
chester: hahahaha
chester: i have gotten to that point in my life when i want chocolate to be the next best thing
chester: nope, to be the best thing
eula: in that case, try dairy queen's brownie fudge blizzard


* * *

from Honeymoon by Amy Jenkins

'But -- I don't know,' I [Honey] said, 'I don't know if there's enough passion. I mean, he's so kind and good and wise and decent and hard-working and -- er -- clean and sexually functional and non-smoking, and he talks about his feelings and makes me laugh and I don't mind the way he dresses and he can cook and change the sheets on a bed.'

'Oh, God, surely there must be something wrong with him,' she [Therese] said, crossly.

I thought for a while. 'He supports Aston Villa,' I said.

She smiled at me. There was one of those motherly looks in her eye. 'You know what?' she said. 'Sometimes getting what you want is the hardest thing of all.'

3 comments:

chitterch** said...

kakamiss that centered state. hm.

"I got my Phd in unavailable men." that's what I call higher learning. haha.

:) said...

t! hehe. you pay your tuition in tissue boxes and love letters! oh the trees. the trees that are felled because of Phds. :D

i shall endeavor to come to school earlier on tuesdays and thursdays, and text you (when i have paid, hehe!)

chitterch** said...

yey! I want to sit in dr. m's counseling class but i'm half-seriously worried she'll kick me out! Haha! Well, she won't really. I really wish she'd teach cog para di nako mag-review. sit in forever nalang. :D