Wednesday, May 05, 2004

Girl Goat

One of my pastimes is observing myself from an amused distance (because as that Charlotte Kasl author of If The Buddha Dated keeps saying in that book, we must treat ourselves with compassion, humor, and tenderness ;-)).

One, I always seem to end up asking after people's work. Am not even very conscious about it but it's true, much to the chagrin of Aquarius gf (hehehe! there's a story in here but let her tell it herself :-) ) and our combined amusement at each other. Maybe because work is part of personhood, particularly from the perspective of a mountain-climbing goat. Maybe because it's one of those shortcuts to getting to know people. If what they do means a lot to them or is part of their person, then it certainly is a clue :D. But don't worry about it, I don't think I box people according to what they do or their day jobs. It's just that I'll tend to ask :D.

Two is that I do tend to be quite reserved with people from the start, unconsciously wanting to wait and see muna. There's a good part to it, in that offhand, it seems like the "sensible" (lol) thing to do. ... Wait till you know more or are sure :D.

On the other hand, I'm also grateful to the people who leaped into the void, and "picked" me -- my silent smiling reserved self -- and chose to befriend me (off the top of my head, Taurus gf, Libra gf, Pisces gf and many more am sure, and a cute story to every encounter as well) and saved us a lot of time. Also those people who seem to have a thing for seeing the soft side of goats like Aries gf and Aquarius gf. I think also that Cancer gfs and I will tend to grow on each other -- it takes some time before we do trust each other with our selves or discover each other completely.

I find this trait funny when I remember passages on Capricorn in the one hundred and one astrology books we've browsed so far that says that courting a Cap is like going to a job interview! Hehehe! But I think this is less the "problem" of the "job applicant" that that of the shy and fearful-of-ridicule Cap. I think people just need to be themselves anyway, and Cap will be Cap until ...

They finally pick you ;-). I've also noticed that when I've finally picked the people who might or might not have picked me already, that I tend to be quite true (GRIN, this is not an ad, promise). I tend to be quite true to the spirit that is you, and will be quite ready to defend you to the death (naks, I did a quick mental survey of my dearest and closest and think that I've somehow "defended" each one at some point or the other, which is not to say that they have not done the same for me :-) ).

And last, I've observed that I'm hyper-observant! :D I can usually guess or sense where people are at, and often have a broad understanding of people's processes and persons.

But the challenge usually is, to connect knowledge with kindness and compassion. For of what use is it for me to know if I don't care? It's the caring that counts, and I thank you all who have brought and continue to bring me that lesson.

:D

P.S. Thank you's are in order to Aries gf who bought me that book a year ago, and to Libra gf who is currently reading it and enthusing about it, and thus inspiring me to go back to it. That book is just multiple O's. Hehehe.

No comments: