Friday, September 03, 2004

Me and the workers

(hehehe, what a title. never in my life did i think i would problematize a relationship with people working on our house! :-p)

Really, it's me. It's not them, it's me. :D

I realized this crying myself to sleep the other night, depressed. I don't know why :D but I feel vulnerable and stressed the way one does after breaking up with a significant other. Hehehe! Strange but true.

I guess the similarities lie this way: the recognition that there's so much still to be done, the knowing that one's life has been turned upside down (somewhat... somehow :P), the internalizing that one has no control and things will just come up, and the feelings of loneliness and vulnerability. Hehehe! Wala lang, ganon lang talaga.

It's not even that I've been doing this by myself, either. Roomie has already stretched herself loooooong, and been stressed too, and I am forever grateful. And many friends have helped, and there's Ate B, and Mumsicle would let me do anything I wanted, even.

In fact, I'm almost dedma na nga eh -- I haven't been hanging out at the house stressing because I've needed to work this week. But am tired from all the 4-5 hour nights sleep' because they work at 7 am and they work in my bathroom and my room. And lack of sleep never contributes to my wellbeing. I am a sleep hog. I was born in the Year of the Pig. Hehehe! That's unconnected but I appreciate the link :-P

Anyway, what I wanted to say for now is that these men, they're ok. I would recommend them if you needed builders. They know what they're doing :-), and they're mabait. I probably gave the wrong impression from my previous post. It was just the straw that broke the camel's back. Or rather the pig's :-P. This is the other part of it. In fact, some of them look cute pa nga. Ehehehe! And there's two that are my favorites for being very efficient and helpful. Tama na :D.

I guess the lack of privacy just gets on my nerves, even with mabait people. I was just born this way. Hanging out time with myself without having to relate to anyone else, is just as essential to me as breathing.

It's not you, it's not them. It's me.

:D

No comments: